Preparing For Your First Visit
What to Know Before Your First Treatment with Austin Body Contouring
As you prepare for your first treatment with Austin Body Contouring, we wanted to provide you with helpful information to make you knowledgeable, comfortable and informed as to what to expect from your Lipolaser session to help eliminate stubborn body fat. We also suggest you review our Protocol Page HERE to be sure you are fully prepared to maximize your results and review our suggested supplements HERE
What can I expect to feel?
- Our treatments are 100% NON-invasive and Pain FREE!
- There is NO discomfort or downtime
- Some individuals do feel a slight sensation of either warmth, stomach gurgling, tingling or air popping, but not everyone does.
Suggested Supplements During Treatments:
Niacin (Vitamin B3) – Is one of the eight B-complex water-soluble vitamins. Niacin has a wide range of uses in the body, helping functions in the digestive system, skin, and nervous system. Niacin is used by health care providers as an alternative to people that cannot withstand statins to lower “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and raise “good” cholesterol (HDL).
- We recommend Niacin 100 mg
- Make sure to purchase REGULAR Niacin.
- NOT Flush-free or Time-released
- Take 100MG 4 times throughout the day; 100 mg at 1 time
- Take Niacin 15-20 minutes after eating.
- It is recommended NOT to take Niacin in the morning.
- It is recommended that you have consumed at least 20-30 ounces of water prior to beginning your daily dosing.
- Niacin is Vitamin B3.
- If you do have a “niacin flush” baby aspirin has been known to minimize the flushing sensation. This can typically last for several minutes.
- Like other B vitamins, niacin helps the body break down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy. Niacin has a role in producing certain hormones in the adrenal glands and helps remove harmful chemicals from the liver.
- The higher dosages necessary to lower cholesterol can cause undesirable side effects such as upset stomach, headaches, dizziness, flushing, and itching.
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the recommended daily value of niacin is 20 mg for a 2,000-calorie diet. But therapeutic dosages of this B vitamin can range anywhere between 1,500 and 3,000.mg a day to improve your numbers.
Milk Thistle – Milk thistle seeds have been used for centuries to treat liver and gallbladder disease.
- Milk Thistle is a supplement pill – NOT A DAIRY PRODUCT
- 200 mg per day, may be taken with or without food.
- Milk Thistle will help cleanse the liver and kidneys.
- The University of Rochester Medical Center says the most active group of bioflavonoids in milk thistle seeds is silybin. It’s thought that these provide protection from liver damage.
- It works by stopping toxins and free radicals from attaching to cells in the liver.You are at a higher risk of milk thistle allergy if you are allergic to other plants in the same family such as daisies, marigolds, chrysanthemums, and ragweed.
Where can you purchase suggested supplements?
- Sprouts Markets are a good local option as they have a large vitamin and supplements department.
- Amazon is another good option.
What should I bring with me?
- We suggest a water bottle
- You may keep your phone with you – you may want earbuds if you plan on listening to music or watch programming
- Your watch or jewelry is not a problem
What should I wear:
- Arrive in whatever attire you choose, female clients should be prepared to remove clothing except for under garments
- Men typically just remove their shirts and shoes
- While the actual lipolaser does not come in direct contact with the body, we will need to direct the Lipolaser to an area of skin NOT covered by any clothing. Therefore, we recommend that skin areas be accessible for Lipolaser placement (as shown below).
What is the technique used?
- You will lay on the treatment table in accordance with your stated goals – most start laying on their back to focus on stomach area
- The Laser will be repositioned, again depending on your goals, every 20 minutes by the trained technician.
- A typical client will spend several rotations stomach side up and then turn over to complete their session.
- The format is adjusted depending on the individual goals discussed during your consultation and our highly trained technicians will always discuss your goals as well.
- Your session will conclude with use of our vibration plate stimulation. After a client finishes treatment, they will move to the vibration plate for 10 minutes.
Austin Body Contouring desires to be here for our clients during the length of your treatments and thereafter. Please feel free to ask questions of your trained technician or contact us directly via phone, text or email. We look forward to hearing about your results and encourage you to become your best you.
Have additional questions? Send us a message below, or call (512) 660-2810 and we’d be happy to help!