Stefanie Moore, MS Nutrition & Health Education shares helpful information with our clients and the community at large with her insight on the importance of Detoxing for healthy living. Austin Body Contouring believes that a healthier lifestyle brings about better living, as an Austin, TX leader in non-invasive body contouring we seek to provide our clients with information that will enable them to live their best lives. We hope you find her insights below valuable as you seek to Be Your Best You!Why Should We Detox?
Some may ask, why do we need to detox in order to have optimal health? Well, there are toxic chemicals in our environment including the land, air, food and water that our bodies are exposed to on a daily basis. Being surrounded by these toxins can have harmful effects on our health, particularly the liver and lymphatic system. Both the lymph and liver work together by filtering the blood and the lymphatic system and removing toxins and waste from the body. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, lungs, intestines and skin. If we have an elevated level of toxins in our blood, the body cannot be filtered correctly, and this can lead to toxic liver disease. When overloaded with toxins we may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Eczema/skin issues and acne
- Brain fog
- Digestive issues – bloating/gas
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Hormonal issues
In order to decrease your toxin load, it is best that you avoid the following foods/beverages:
- Beef is an inflammatory animal protein and has zero fiber leading to constipation.
- Wheat irritates the gut lining and can be difficult to digest.
- Dairy and eggs are acidic and can cause severe bloating and constipation.
- Soy products are mostly genetically modified and contain high levels of pesticides.
- Peanuts contain aflatoxin which is a known carcinogenic.
- Alcohol puts major stress on the liver and kidneys and is extremely dehydrating.
- Caffeine is processed through the liver which adds additional stress to the body.
- Processed Foods have high levels of sodium, chemical stabilizers, sugar and unhealthy fats.
- Artificial Sweeteners contain chemicals that cannot be broken down by our body.
- Vegetable oil is highly unstable and inflammatory to the body.
The following foods/herbs will help reduce sluggishness, inflammation and overall toxicity in the body:
- Turmeric is known to actively protect the liver and regenerate damaged liver cells.
- Fresh squeeze lemons will flush out toxins and alkalize the body.
- Milk thistle & dandelion root are herbs that have shown to improve detoxification.
- Green tea is packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body.
- Garlic acts as an antioxidant aiding to reduce inflammation and cleanse the colon.
- Cabbage is a diuretic which helps carry toxins out of the body.
- Beets contain unique phytonutrients that contribute to the detoxification of the liver.
- Spinach & Avocados contain glutathione, an antioxidant that’s crucial to detoxification.
Instead of a fast and furious detox diet, try incorporating these suggestions into your daily routine:
- Start your day with fresh squeezed lemon water.
- Make time for exercise. Sweat eliminates toxins from the body.
- Try replacing your coffee with Green tea.
- Eat whole foods – If your grandmother wouldn’t recognize it, don’t eat it.
- Add a green juice to your daily beverage routine.
- Take a probiotic daily to ensure a healthy gut.
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times to stay hydrated.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables.
- When possible, opt for Organic.
- Use natural and toxin free cleaning products.
Not only will you feel better while detoxing, but there are a number of additional benefits you will notice such as:
- Increased energy
- Clearer Mind
- Weight loss
- Improved Wellness
- Stronger immune system
- Clearer skin
- Improved sleep habits
Stefanie Moore has her Masters of Science in Nutrition and Health Education. She is dedicated to the field of nutrition and educating people on the power of good health. Stefanie specializes in weight management and food sensitivities. For more information on her services, you can reach her at email@example.com______________________
Austin Body Contouring has been providing Austin Texas area clients with FDA Approved, 100% Non-Invasive Body Contouring successfully for more than nine years. We offer a painless way to eliminate stubborn body fat and achieve your body contouring goals. Our lipo-laser weight loss is proven to remove stubborn body fat and excess inches.
Ready to book your complimentary consultation? Have additional questions? Send us a message below to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (512) 660-2810 and we’d be happy to get you set up!
Have a Question? Want to Schedule a Complimentary Consultation?
Send us a message below, or call (512) 660-2810 and we’d be happy to help!