Zerona Laser FDA Approved Body Contouring Treatment
ZERONA works by utilizing the Erchonia® Laser Scanner. Clinical studies have demonstrated that:
- The low-level laser stimulates the fat cell, liquefying the fat within fat cells,
- This liquefied fat is then released through a temporary pore,
- This pore forms in the cell membrane and allows the liquefied fat to drain into the interstitial space,
- The fat that has drained into the interstitial space is then absorbed by the lymphatic system, and thus eliminated from the body.
- Our protocol is to remain hydrated which helps “flush” the fat out of the body (you must drink a minimum of eight 8 oz glasses of water every day), and
- This results in millions of fat cells becoming smaller so inches are reduced off the waist, hips and thighs (the fat cells are not injured in any way by this process).
ZERONA® offers a body slimming laser for individuals. Unlike invasive weight loss surgery, ZERONA is a revolutionary method that is applied externally without the dangers associated with surgery, while at the same time allowing patients to remain active during treatment. Patients are able to continue to their busy lives without pain, swelling or the discomfort of garments. The simple procedure consists of a minimum of 6 40-minute treatments over a 2 to 3 week period.
As a low-level laser therapy, ZERONA is considered a safe alternative to invasive procedures such as tumescent liposuction and lipo-dissolve and other non-invasive devices which rely on heating the tissue and can cause discomfort. ZERONA treatments cause no bruising, scarring and zero downtime. Anesthesia is not used and patients can assume normal activities immediately following each treatment. There are absolutely no side effects beyond loss of inches and fat. ZERONA is not recommended for patients with thyroid disease, diabetes or any other disorders where the metabolic system could be impaired and/or their lymphatic and hepatic system is unable to process fat. ZERONA treatments can be done effectively on essentially any part of the body where there are localized subcutaneous deposits of fat, especially those that are resistant to diet and exercise. Most patients start with treating the waist, hips and tops of thighs, which can all be targeted in one treatment session as they are within the target areas of the 5 laser lights. ZERONA patients are treated a minimum of 6 times over a 2 to 3 week period. Each of these sessions takes 40 minutes. Treatment is delivered 20 minutes to the front of the body and 20 minutes to the back of the body. During this time the patient relaxes comfortably in a prone position. The laser emits a red light that does not feel either cold or hot; in fact, the patient feels nothing during the treatment. No downtime or recovery period is needed after treatment. Instead, patients can resume normal activities immediately.
Disclaimer: Even though the Zerona and Lapex have been proven effective in independent studies, as it is with any medical procedure, results vary and are not guaranteed. A healthy lifestyle is important.